Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-15 Origin:Site
Melamine is a chemical used to make plastic tableware, cups, and other tableware. Compared with standard plastic, it makes tableware feel harder and more durable. Melamine tableware was popular when it came out in the 1950s and 1960s. These melamine dinner plates are rich in color and pattern, diverse in variety, durable and affordable, making them attractive options.
Here is the content list:
What is melamine?
Is melamine safe?
How to use melamine dinner plates correctly?
Melamine is a compound with many industrial uses, including plastics, tableware, kitchen utensils, commercial filters, laminates, adhesives, molding compounds, coatings, and flame retardants. Melamine is an important nitrogen heterocyclic organic chemical, which is alkaline and reacts with various acids to form melamine salt. In the United States, it is approved for the manufacture of certain cookware, plates, plastic products, paper, cardboard, and industrial coatings, etc. In addition, although melamine is not yet registered as fertilizer in the United States, it has been used as fertilizer in some parts of the world.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in certain guidelines that melamine made dishes is safe. According to FDA, safety tests were conducted by Taiwan Consumer Foundation tableware made in China. The results show that a small number of melamine compounds may remain in the dish during manufacture and can slowly migrate to food in contact with the dish under certain conditions.
In most cases, the levels of melamine that migrate from plates to foods are so low that they do not pose a health risk. Exceptions are when providing highly acidic foods (especially when heated), or when providing food or for infants. Infants are more vulnerable to melamine poisoning and should avoid using melamine cups to feed formula and milk.
FDA has conducted their own safety and risk assessments and concluded that melamine tableware does not pose a health risk, but they recommend care when used. Please follow the following tips to ensure you use melamine cutlery in the safest way.
1. Do not use melamine tableware for infants or young children.
2. Do not heat food or drink in melamine, including in microwave ovens (higher risk of migration when heated). Only use ceramic or other microwave-safe plates to heat food.
3. Avoiding the provision of highly acidic foods also increases the chances of migration. This risk is higher when heated.
4. Although some precautions should be taken when using melamine dishes, they are generally safe to use. Melamine tableware is easy to clean, durable, and very suitable for many families.
5. Used to provide cold or room temperature drinks.
6. Provide heated hand grab food and other dishes in other thermal safety containers.
7. Bowls and plates can be safely used for room temperature or cold food, such as sandwiches, salads, etc.
8. Pallets can be used to hold food and cold snacks.
If you are looking for high purity melamine for plates, Weifang Tainuo Chemical Co., Ltd. can be the best choice. They have been focusing on research, development, and management of melamine and its surrounding industrial chain for a long time. Tainuo is committed to providing clients with rigorous professional product solutions and improving after-sales service, we are pleased to provide more information for you if you need it.